Friday, March 28, 2008

Poor Julie...

As I was leaving for work this morning the phone rang. I had the following conversation - not kidding:

Me: Hello?
Caller: Heeeey, what's uuuup!
Me: Who's this?
Caller: It's Jack! I got your panties!!
Me (glancing downward briefly): Huh. I think you might have the wrong number.
Jack: Oh. Uh, I was calling for Julie.
Me: Nope, not Julie.
Jack: Oh... I got her pink panties!!!
Me: ....
Me: That's great! Well, bye!

And it was the awesomest wrong number ever.

5 comments:

Gwen said...

Do you think he meant "got" like "bought" or like "captured"?

kevin said...

As I said at the time - I'm so glad I didn't answer that call. In fact, this is reason enough for you to answer the phone from this point forward.

nenny said...

From his tone, it sounded more like "captured", or maybe, "happened upon".

Spinning Ninny said...

That is a brilliant story. I love it. A while ago, I got drunk dialed at about 2 in the morning and the person left a message and desperately needed a ride from a party with skeezy guys. Sad for her.

Taryn said...

I'm with Gwen. I wonder how he got them.

This is almost more awesome than the story about your coworker in the bathroom. Almost.