Thursday, August 30, 2007

Is Saturday the first of September??

Well, I guess summer is just about over. It's been busy. To sum up, I went to NY for a few days, I started taking piano lessons, work has been crazy, and I made a cardigan for my sister's soon-to-be first child. I forgot to take a picture before I sent it to her (the sweater, not the child). I bought the first two seasons of Veronica Mars on DVD, which was an awesome TV show. At some point, my computer crashed and I rebuilt it. And Kevin & I started exploring the possibility of getting married sometime this decade.

It took me a good 15 minutes of wandering around in Borders to find the wedding books. I thought I was stumped, but once I stopped to think, I realized that it was visual recognition rather than logic that was going to help me locate the appropriate section. I peered around for pink and white books, and found several shelves of them next to some etiquette guides with titles like How to Be a Lady. I'm generally not nervous at the thought of planning our wedding, but in that single moment it hit me pretty hard. My stomach turned as I flipped through $40 frilly, pink binders that ironically promised wedding savings for the bride on a budget. Luckily I found a couple of books that seemed to be based in reality. The panicky feelings passed and they haven't yet returned. Really, we still have almost two years before the big day.

I guess that's all I can manage for now, but here's a video of Billie going into the closet for a snack right out of the bag. Evidently she can no longer suffer this concept of mealtime and has taken matters into her own paws.


No comments: