Saturday, April 28, 2007

I thought cats had rules about this sort of thing.

Billie's skin has cleared a little since we moved Herman outside. But while we wait for further improvement, I decided to switch to a hypoallergenic litter. Most clumping cat litter contains bentonite, which ends up in the litter dust that gets into the air in your home whenever you scoop. It's a carcinogen, and many cats suffer respiratory allergies from it as well. If I'd realized that before, we would have switched a long time ago... but there it is.

I went with World's Best Cat Litter, which is made out of corn, is flushable, biodegradable, and dust-free. Billie seemed really excited about it when I brought home a 17 lb. bag. She went to work trying to rip the bag open while I cleaned the old stuff out of her box. I appreciated her enthusiasm. But as I found when I filled her box with the new stuff, Billie thinks that the World's Best Cat Litter is actually the World's Best Dietary Supplement. She has yet to make a deposit, but she's been snacking on it since the first pour.

So I brought Olivia in, thinking, if she poops in it, everything will be better. She also thought it was delicious, so I sent her away. Hopefully I won't find any surprises in their food dishes this evening.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa. Is this Jen's blog?

nenny said...

Hi Greg :)

GHJ said...

Hey there. This looks like a daughter.

nenny said...

I don't get it. What do you mean?

GHJ said...

I'm self-referencing my quote about your dad -- "This looks like a father."

nenny said...

That's awesome - I'd almost forgotten about that.