Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Sippy Cups

My niece is coming to Wisconsin with her parents... they'll be here in about 12 hours! This is possibly going to be the best Thanksgiving ever. I have sippy cups, baby spoons, special chairs, jars of mush, and some normal people things, too, like good chocolate. And my boss let me off early today to boot.

I'm a little burnt out from work, frankly, so I really am looking forward to the long weekend. Management changes have been strange and awkward. Exhibit A: In which my 40-something-year-old well-educated white supervisor is discussing difficulty finding a desirable spot for his deer hunting trip - "I was really jonesin' the other day when we found out everything was already taken." Now I know just enough not to use the word jonesin', seeing as how I never really knew what it meant, and also because it's not something you generally hear around the office. But let's take entry #3, for instance, from urbandictionary.com:
an immense and incredibly emotional, mental, and physical need for heroin
Ok, I wasn't about to correct him or anything, but since he's been my supervisor for at least three months, I figured he would at least understand that I'd be the last person to sympathize with him on his deer huntin' troubles anyhow. I guess I'm hoping for way too much here. So needless to say, I expect a weekend with Kevin, my brother, sister-in-law, and of course my favorite bay-BEEE will do me a lot of good.



1 comment:

nenny said...

Yes. Peek-a-boo is actually really fun once you get into it. And I also enjoyed the more dramatic game of "Where's Sophia??? There she is!!!"