Sunday, September 10, 2006

Settling back in...

It's taken a week, and I think I might be getting sick... but I'm finally getting used to being back home again. Back home with nothing very stressful to do. I finished making this cat for my niece's birthday, though it's a week late.


I also wanted to remind myself that, though it was cold and kind of stormy, I did get to the beach while I was in NY. When I'm in Madison, one thing I forget is how good it feels to stick my feet in beach sand. I took off my shoes, rolled up my jeans, and stuck my feet in the chilly water. It was so nice that I stood there for ten minutes just thinking about it. Here's the shore on Fire Island:


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The beauty of that cat is only surpassed by those tomatoes

nenny said...

Why, thank you! :) I was sad to see it go... hopefully it will bring the same strange joyous sensation to a toddler.

Taryn said...

The cat turned out great!!! It's so cute - what a wonderful present (and some excellent knitting).

Nice job, Jen!

nenny said...

Thanks! My niece actually recognized that it was a cat, and apparently spends a good deal of time meowing at it. I am pleased.